Living the Middle Life

In soviet Russia, the middle life is living.

Saturday, August 19, 2006

S'mores

At work.

I'm facing the candy aisle. This guy is looking at the marshmallows. (I don't know what other stores are like, but we keep the marshmallows with the candy.) I've just finished up and I'm about to move on aisle 5 when he comes over to me and askes me where he could find chocolate. You know, the kind of chocolate you put in with marshmallows. I jumped to the (wrong) conclusion that he wanted to make chocolate rice crispy treats. So I'm about to tell him to go to aisle nine where we have the chunks of bulk chocolate for fondue. He did say something about dipping... (I think) He asks, "you know, with the crackers and marshmallows?"

S'mores? I ask if he's talking about the fire roasted marshmallows sandwitched between crackers. "YES!" he exclaims, "What kind of chocolate do I use?" I point out the Hershies right behind me and tell him about the grahm crackers in aisle 8. He was worried that he might get salty crackers and that they wouldn't taste good.

I find it a little odd that someone wouldn't know what S'mores where. But odder that they didn't know what Gram crackers where. Maybe he was foreign... or a secret shopper.


I broke another plastic bottle of fabric softener. Breaking Plastic bottles? They fell less than two feet. And their Plastic for goodness sake. But they have these brittle plastic lids that shatter under the slightest impact. And they always land upside down. When I got the bottle of spill clean up (it's used for absorbing nasty messes.) and am running to the break room to grab some paper towels I run into Nolan. (he was the manager around when I smashed the first bottle of fabric softener.) He gives me a quizzical look. All I say is,

"I don't think I should face the fabric softener anymore."

He laughed. I fealt so much better that I knew he wasn't mad.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:42 AM, Blogger Anan said…

    What's fabric softener? :b

     
  • At 2:56 PM, Blogger Heidi said…

    It's good he wasn't mad. :-)

    Wow, not knowing What s'mores and graham crackers are? We should start an educational plan for shoppers. ;) "Get your shopping license here!"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home