Living the Middle Life

In soviet Russia, the middle life is living.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Our House, in the Middle of Our Street

Father wears his Sunday best
Mother's tired she needs a rest
The kids are playing up downstairs
Sister's sighing in her sleep
Brother's got a date to keep
He can't hang around


Here I am. Here. Not there, here.

Recognize that living room? Of course not. Recognize that furniture in that living room? Of course so. (no, wait, let me redo that, it sounded funny.)

BAM!! IT'S A WHOLE 'NOTHER... err... HOUSE!!

I thought I would wonder around this place for several days before it finally sunk in that this was a different house.

I didn't.

Novelty shouldn't wear off that quickly.

Time seems to have gone into slow-motion. Last Saturday was weeks ago. There is so much doing being done. Gosh, just yesterday, I replaced the dryer outlet (which was much harder and longer than the guy in the hardware shop said), built the last of the three new bookshelves, put all the bookshelves in the basement on 2x4s... after I had completely rearranged all the boxes down there, varnished new table legs and baseboard, took out the tin can recycling shoot (we don't drink enough pop here for that stuff), and STILL had time to blow (quite a bit of it) on computer and piano.

Plus two whole hours of American Idol in the evening.

Gosh golly gee-wiz.

I've been going to bed around 9 o'clock a lot lately. Early to bed and early to rise makes a man stupid and blind in the eyes makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.

I should check my email now, but I'm scared too. I haven't touched it in weeks. Who knows what might have grown. It might attack me.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice to hear your all moved on. Emailing you soon for I got some good news. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home