Living the Middle Life

In soviet Russia, the middle life is living.

Monday, September 04, 2006

Poor Johnny

This is a "Poem" I found in my science book:

Johnny had the stomach ache.
He hasn't anymore,
For what he thought was H2O
Was H2SO4.

In case you are wondering, H2SO4 is the chemical formula for sulfuric acid, a very powerful and poisonous liquic. Poor Johnny!

I find it odd (and cool) that we must have poems about people drinking sulfuric acid in our science books. Now it does get the point across, and I will always remember the chemical formula for sulfuric acid. However, I always thought the word more normal than this.

Maybe in a few years I'll be mainstreem. Now will that be cool or sad? I honestly don't know. I really can't even begin to comprehend that.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:00 PM, Blogger Katsuke said…

    Heh heh heh...

    I like that poem, I think it shall be my away message!

     
  • At 8:24 PM, Blogger Anan said…

    What science curriculum do you use?

     
  • At 3:18 PM, Blogger Nat said…

    I actually have heard that poem as:

    Johnny was a chemist's son;
    Johnny is no more.
    What Johnny thought was H20
    Was H2S04

     

Post a Comment

<< Home