Living the Middle Life

In soviet Russia, the middle life is living.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Being sociable with used car salesmen


So I'm going up to Janesville to drop off the van at the auto shop. Something with the gas tank not opening up when you try to refuel it. My mom and brother were supposed to meet me there with the sedan so I'd have a ride home.

Now, as I swung by Mike's house to drop off his sketchbook, I expected to get to the auto shop at least ten minutes after they did. Yet as I pull up, they were nowhere to be seen.

I thought that they must have parked over by the dealership office on the other side of the parking lot. What because it has air conditioning and all. So I decide to check it out, just in case.

Now, there's a bunch of fellows hanging about the entrance of the office. I think to myself, "I don't have to talk to them, I'll just be able to take a quick look through those massive windows they have in place of walls. I'll be able to see if they're inside."

At this thought I slapped myself. That's no way to act! Talking to people isn't going to kill me. But it would look strange if I walked by just looking, then left again. So I decide to walk straight up and take a look about. Even make an inquiry if the atmosphere is light enough.

It did indeed turn out to be plenty light and friendly. One of the salesmen walked up to me and asked if I needed help with anything. I thanked him for his offer, and told him I was only looking for my mom. He said he hadn't seen them, but if they showed up, he's point them my way. I thanked him again and took my leave.

I suppose it's pretty sad to be this proud of being so assertive and sociable. But it's cool. That good feeling of being proud of myself will help me be friendlier in the future. ^_^

2 Comments:

  • At 3:22 PM, Blogger the celebrated author said…

    And how did he react when you said you were looking for your mom? =P

    Sorry, it just sounded funny.

     
  • At 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah I used to do that sometimes too, but now a days I just ask even if it seems stupid.

    By the Way Thanks for dropping off my Sketchbook :).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home