Living the Middle Life

In soviet Russia, the middle life is living.

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Stardust


We went to Pr. Weiting's 25 ordination anniversary party. The actual anniversary isn't until next winter, but summer makes for a better party, so it got bumped.

It was pretty cool, they blocked off the street between the house and the church and had a huge tent thrown up. They also had a moon bounce.

So, a bunch of us were sitting around a table finishing up eating, when a family from our old church in Wautoma showed up and said hi. Well, it was some time since the families last met, and the mothers naturally started talking about children, seeing how much they had grow.

So my mom is like, "Here's Philip [...] this is Andrew [...] and over here we have Maggie." So the other mother, (sorry I forgot the name) says, "What about the girls?" Because she knew there were more. "Rachel and Katie are married and living off on their own."

After that I noticed the conversation drifting away from children. So I speak up, "So I guess Paul must have died in a tragic car accident."

Mom apologized and tried to make the excuse that she didn't see me. Sure... ;)



I don't know if the movie Stardust will be out in theaters much longer, and I kind of want to see it.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger Rachel said…

    It comes out August 10th, so you don't need to worry about missing it... yet.

     
  • At 5:58 PM, Blogger Paul said…

    Really? I thought it came out the same weekend as Pirates...

    Silly me...

     
  • At 9:14 PM, Blogger Anthea said…

    I once had that happen to me at school. I was sitting in the lounge with one other flute student when my teacher walked in with some other people, pointed at the girl with me and said, "Natalie here plays the flute!" then walked away. You're not the only one! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home