Living the Middle Life

In soviet Russia, the middle life is living.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Oh my gosh, I'm older than my mom!

I mentioned the Song "Hey Mickey" by Toni Basil at lunch today. You know, "Oh Mickey you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind," "Oh Micky what a pity, you don't understand, you take me by the heart when you take me by the hand." It was released in 1982.

My mom didn't have any idea what I was talking about.

Honestly, It's an old song. Parents are supposed to know all the old songs. How is this right?


I learned about Happy Tree Friends. Wow, it's like Itchy and Scratchy.

I also learned about Eurovision. It's like American Idol meets Miss America. Miss American Idol. Each European country sends one performer, who then performs. Then, they all rank the other countries performances, and a winner is found. This year it's the week of the tenth of May. I'm gonna have to watch it.

The only two winners I recognized were Abba and Lordi.


Rachel showed me the preview for the Zelda movie. It was awesome. After browsing around a little, looking for a place I could download the video (Which I eventually found.), I came across this awesome commercial for A Link to the Past. (that's a wmv file)

Enjoy!

5 Comments:

  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger Rachel D said…

    My parents know the Hey Mickey song; I bothered my sister with it for about a week and she screamed a lot. It was a great time.

    Also, April Fool's day was yesterday, mister. :P

    See you in two days.

     
  • At 11:39 AM, Blogger Rachel said…

    You.
    Are.
    Evil.

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good thing I'm sick otherwise you be in some SERIOUS trouble "friend".

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Blogger Rachel said…

    Paul... I sent you messages on Facebook... aren't you going to answer?

    :-(

     
  • At 12:31 AM, Blogger Robin said…

    My Mom knows all of the REALLY old songs, like Beatles, Sinatra, Simon & Garfunkel, all that, but from the 80's up, she is completely clueless. I guess mothers just stop listening to music after they have kids... it's rather odd.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home