Living the Middle Life

In soviet Russia, the middle life is living.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

You deserve it

When I asked my manager for my break yesterday, his response was, "Sure, you deserved it." This pleased me for obvious reasons. He was the manager who told us all we needed to go faster in our stocking about a month an' half ago.

Later, I was stocking while the price manager was working with tags in aisle five. After a period of time working mostly quietly, she screams in frustration. (not a big scream, we don't want to disturb the customers) She then told me to, "Go get those other two." (the other two stockers were at the other end of the store)

When I brought them over she lectured us on how we needed to MAKE SURE that we stocked the product in it's proper place. She was finding all sorts of items stocked wrong. Not only would that make it hard to order new products (meaning the assistant manager who orders the loads gets a hard time), but the prices could be wrong, meaning the customers get mad, and that it all gets blamed on her, the price tag manager. Even though it was our fault. (there was also something about stringing us up from Christmas decorations)

After the other two left she asked me if I thought it sunk in. I really didn't know how to respond. She said she thought the same when I gave the only answer I could think of, "errrrrr..."

Then the assistant manager (the one who orders the load, remember?) came in. She didn't work that day, she was just buying groceries. The price manager asks her how she can order the loads when all the items are in the wrong places, and that she had just yelled at the stockers, "Except this one [gestures at me], he's the good one."

It was like Big Head day for me or something. That and Friday is payday. It was like the best day at work ever.

7 Comments:

  • At 1:16 PM, Blogger Heidi said…

    That's awesome. Isn't it great to know your work is appreciated? :D

    It always felt nice when Martha (whose house Tarja and I used to clean in Kamsack) praised our work. Especially because she tended to be very precise about how her cleaning was done. :-)

     
  • At 4:03 PM, Blogger Ethan said…

    Don't get too big a head or I'll come with my pin... :-P

    Though if you wanted to mail-order something for me with your paycheck, that would be nice. :-D

     
  • At 6:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh look, my two favouite victims in one place.
    *stabs Ethan and Heidi*
    ...er.. Hi. Look out for the Big Head.

     
  • At 6:41 AM, Blogger Aaron.D.Nemoyer said…

    Nasty Pauleses! Curse you and crush you!

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    uhhh...

    Thank you Aaron...

    o_0

     
  • At 4:58 PM, Blogger Ethan said…

    Paul! you should not let people stab people on your blog! You should throw them out! Graaaah!!!!!!!

     
  • At 5:51 PM, Blogger Anan said…

    He should do no such thing. Notice: Peeple are actually commenting, no matter how violent the comments may be, he should still be thankful for them. ::nods::

     

Post a Comment

<< Home