Living the Middle Life

In soviet Russia, the middle life is living.

Friday, November 10, 2006

New Shirts

For a while now I've been in a mood where I feel like my wardrobe needs a change. Now, this is not something that's common for me. I'm a guy, and I'm even less wardrobe conscious than many other guys (at least I think). I've really never had much of a change in my life. When my old cloths get small or worn out, I'd buy new ones. All T shirts, sweaters and jeans.

However, I'm not a stylish person. Trying to look good in style and in actuallality. It's not something I want to bother with. How do I change?

Well, as I'm at work one day (yes a story about work) one of my managers comes in. I think he was getting something he left in the break room. But he's not in for work, so instead of the usual uniform he's wearing a T shirt.

My first thought was, "Woh, he looks weird without a collar."

This was were I got my inspiration from. (Well, it's not really inspiration is it?) My first thought was Polo Shirts, but I decided not, I've never liked Polo Shirts. (No offence to my Polo Shirt wearing audience.)

Button down shirts were next. A really awesome idea. They look nifty, and you can tuck them in and look extra snazzy in an instant. Being cold isn't a problem either, I can just put a shirt on underneath.

Only problem is that I only have four of them shirts.

9 Comments:

  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger Ethan said…

    I think you're a little more wardrobe-concious than most guys I know. Not much, but a little. ;-)

    I have begun wearing shirts with collars, various kinds (maybe button-down--I'm not sure exactly what those look like), mainly in my crusade to bring back the fedora.

    Or at least my increased penchant for wearing the fedora. ;-) 'Cuz when I got one my mom said, "You know you have to wear a collar with that, or you look dumb, right?"

    :-D

    (-Ethan)

     
  • At 5:04 PM, Blogger Susan said…

    You look really sharp in button-down shirts. And it's theoretically possible that some could even be purchased.

     
  • At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    *gasp* You and Erik really should spend more time together... Not only would you have fun being crazy together but you could rub off on him! (Yes, I know I'm a mean sister.)

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger Anan said…

    Woopsy... ::points up:: that's me. :-p

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger Anan said…

    Woopsy... ::points up:: that's me. :-p

     
  • At 10:33 AM, Blogger Anan said…

    Three in a row...
    We'll just have to move "up there". Do you get a lot of snow? (duh...) Snow is fun. we needs more of it.

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Blogger Anan said…

    NO! four! I mean five! Ack!

     
  • At 4:07 PM, Blogger Paul said…

    Are you insinuating that I would be a bad influence on your brother? You say that it would be mean of you to make me hang out with him.

    Or maybe he just doesn't like god shirts?

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger Anan said…

    You wouldn't be a bad influence! It's just that it's mean of me to insinuate that he could use help in the clothes department! :-) Hehehe...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home