Living the Middle Life

In soviet Russia, the middle life is living.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Slow

Yesterday "the store manager" called a stocker meeting.

He really isn't pleased with our profomances.

The minimum stocking speed for the company employees is around 50 pieces (boxes and stuff) per hour. He put what we've been doing into a calculator and got out around 23 pieces an hour. Which means we're going really slowly. REALLY slowly.

We've been barely getting the loads finished on time even with the managers help. He said that if we were going the proper speed, we shoudn't need the help. We should be able to do it in plenty of time. Enough time to even face the store and put out some backstock.

He really didn't know what to do. He said he'd give us another week and make a final desision then.

What a wonderful birthday.

Well, this evening I was in the store to face, and "the assistant manager" said she heard that we had a meeting. She said she wasn't to thilled witht the idea. She wasn't to impressed with the other two stockers, but I was really good, even if I was a little slow. She said she told this to "the store manager".
This made me feal a little better. Even if "the assistant manager" is one of those nice people who always says nice things, that you can never know if you can trust them to be honest about things that arn't to pleasent.

I pointed out that If I only stocked around 30 pieces an hour, I had a lot of catching up to do. I also wondered, If I'm stocking 30 pieces an hour (I counted) what must the other be doing to bring the average down like that? 15? 16?

It took a while for this to settle in my brain. I did get to watch a couple of funny movies on my birthday evening. The Pink Panther and Bewitched. I still kept on worrying though. I finally brought all my thoughts down to, "I have to try my best." That's it. If I try my best, then it will go the best it can for me. So I don't need to worry. (much)

4 Comments:

  • At 2:03 PM, Blogger AgentPixy007 said…

    Wow...that's got to be a sad birthday...but look on the bright side! Your a year older, and smarter...and I can tease you about being old and tall now! hehe! Also, can't you see rated R movies without parental suppervision now...not that that's a really great thing, but it has to count for somethin'. Hmmm...I had something even more wity to put down a second ago...but I forgot it...so I'll just end with, HAPPY BIRTHDAY old man! ;-p

     
  • At 5:26 PM, Blogger Paul said…

    You're older than I am!

    Wait... you'd be eighteen now. SO your legally an adult, able to buy cigeretts and everything. o_0 woh, now that's a scary thought.

     
  • At 12:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday, Paul! Sorry for the annoying day...hope things work out at work.
    -Heidi, who's too lazy to sign in

     
  • At 2:20 PM, Blogger AgentPixy007 said…

    No...not everything...I still can't drink, legally at least ;-p (just kiddin' of course). But I can Vote, Smoke, and join the military. Which is pretty cool. Anyways, I'll never be old, I'm like Peter Pan...I shall never grow up and no one can make me. ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home