Living the Middle Life

In soviet Russia, the middle life is living.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Iresponsibilety

We were driving up to spring green for APT's performance of Romeo and Juliet when we ran into some construction. We sat there wating for the flagman to signal us past, when I noticed the truck infront of us. It was a millar light truck. On the back of the truck was a sign for www.beeresponsible.com. It had two "E"'s, I found this strange. Are they saying, "Be e Responsible", or "Bee Responsible" as in busy buzzing bees? Or do they mean to say,"Be Eresponsible" sounding much like iresponsible. It was strange. They might have an explenation on the website. I don't know, I havn't been there.

The play was awesome. I had always thought that Romeo and Juliet were stupid teens who thought they were inlove, and they go kill themselves over it. Which IS true, but this production made them seem more realistic. Romeo was tottally emo, and Juliet was...

...a fourteen year old girl.

Mercutio was awesome-funny. And Tiblet was played by David Daniel, so he seemed so much less evil. It was awesome. Y'all should come to WI for one of their proformances. It's awesome.

6 Comments:

  • At 4:26 PM, Blogger Heidi said…

    I think it was "Beer responsible" and they just decided to use the 'r' to attach the two words. :-)

    I have a video version of Romeo and Juliet. It's pretty good. I'd like to see those plays in real life though. :D

     
  • At 7:51 PM, Blogger Nat said…

    Haha. Emo Romeo and 14 year-old Juliet sounds like it'd play out like this:

    (Romeo) "Thus with a kiss I die. Sweet, sweet death."

    *Romeo dies*

    *Juliet wakes up*


    "Romeo, oh Romeo! All those times you threatened suicide, I thought you were joking! O happy dagger, with the cute little handle..."

    *Juliet takes dagger in hand and holds it against her chest*

    "This is thy sheath, which was flat and made me self-conscious anyway; there rest, and let me die."

     
  • At 6:42 PM, Blogger Paul said…

    Beer Responsible... that makes sence...

    Yea, emo Romeo and 14yo Juliet... That's pretty much what it was like. B)

    I don't understand it when people tal about, "Pure young love like Romeo and Juliet." That play was far from pure. ;)

    I saw a guy "translate" Hamlet into a one man commedy at the Rennessance Fair last year. I think Romeo and Juliet would be so fun in that format.

     
  • At 9:52 PM, Blogger Nat said…

    My sister Amanda told us about a play she saw that was Jurassic Park translated into a one-man comedy.

    (apparently you meet a lot of weird artsy people in acting school)

     
  • At 12:22 PM, Blogger Ethan said…

    They're obviously using pdgin English (the only kind we can understand, of course) to tell us that beer is entirely responsible, while people aren't. Or summat.

    Dude, I hate Romeo and Juliet, it's one of Shakespeare's worst plays, but I would still love to see it done by APT. I want to see ALL their plays. ;-)

    The Reduced Shakespeare Company does a three-man version of Romeo and Juliet which is quite funny, I don't know if youve seen it... They also do a three-man version of Hamlet, and then they do it BACKWARDS. :-D

     
  • At 10:20 PM, Blogger Anan said…

    I couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic with the "beeresponsible" thing or not. LOG... Why must ickle googoo have "Paul" as a middle name? I'll always think of an extremely un-readable person when I say his name...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home