Living the Middle Life

In soviet Russia, the middle life is living.

Monday, June 04, 2007

Congraduations!


Yesterday I went to Ethan's Graduation party. It was up in Madison - sorry - Monona, so it was quite a drive. But, for two reasons, it wasn't as boring a trip as going to Madison usually is. Firstly I had three errands to attend to before hand, and secondly because I had the privilege to drive through a storm.

The first errand was to refuel the car with gas. (Okay, so that's not a real errand.) The second errand was to return an external hard-drive case my brother bought yesterday at Best Buy. (It was missing an AC/DC adapter.) And thirdly I had to drop off some Kombucha with people in our Homeschooling group.

It was a cool party. Not the biggest graduation party I've seen, but not the smallest. They had punch and sandwiches. There were also girls there. (Ethan, when will you learn to share? :-P )

One of said girls also "volunteered" me to go see any possible fourth Spider man movie with them because I looked so much like James Franco. I was then volunteered for any fourth PotC movie too. And considering I got a comment about looking like Harry Potter too, I wouldn't doubt that I might get shanghaied into seeing the movie this summer. (Ethan, if they do try that, my price is that everyone in the party wear "Trust Snape" armbands.)

Near the end of the day all us teens were standing around in a group when one mom decided that it was time to go, so she comes over to get her group up, or so I thought. She seemed to be waiting for someone else before she left, so throughout the conversation I kept expecting her to be leaving.

"Was she bad?" you ask. Well, it turns out she's some sort of "River Charismatic" and she seems to think her... whatever, is just like Lutheranism. I think I deserve a meddal for not being rude to her. I managed to quickly stifle an grins before they grew to laughs, and I didn't call her a witch. Yeah... She seemed to think that praying was like using a magic spell.

We got out of there half an hour later, and we had a good laugh at her later. So it was cool. ;-)

I can't believe I forgot to tell Ethan Congraduations.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:08 PM, Blogger Nat said…

    Well so much for my comment about your face being unique. :P

     
  • At 1:12 AM, Blogger NICUNurse said…

    I heard about that comment...and tortured Paul about it ;)
    *is apparently good at torturing people, and puppy dog eyes*

     
  • At 7:02 PM, Blogger Ethan said…

    I was thinking I'd give you a medal next time we met, but maybe I'll concentrate on failing to remember your jacket again. ;-)

    I could give all the girls your phone number, if you want.

    you know the whole day was ruined by your not saying that, right? :P

    hehe... "Something Witty"... hehe...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home