Living the Middle Life

In soviet Russia, the middle life is living.

Monday, December 10, 2007

Bed time

It was quarter to ten in the evening, and the parents, still, were not home. I had all my evening activities and chores finished, except for my shower. That was all I needed, a quick shower before bed. It had to be quick. I had to get up at six o'clock the next morning for work. I needed those precious eight hours of sleep dearly.

So I gathered my things and entered the bathroom ready for this quick, quick shower.

There was no shower curtain.

Blast!

Now what was I supposed to do? I only had a few minutes to think about it. There wasn't another shower in the house I could use, but I was too lazy to bother hunting down the shower curtain AND hanging it up. That left only one option: I had to take a bath. Like a real BATH. You know, the kind were you sit down on the floor of the tub?

I hadn't had a bath in years. No, years OF years. Do you know how long years of years is? I know it doesn't make much sense, but just trust me on this, it means A REALLY, REALLY LONG TIME. It was just that long. Really.

It was awkward, being exposed to the whole bathroom like that. Yeah, sure the door was close... but do you honestly think that made any difference? (If you do, you're an idiot.)

The worst part was my hip. My right hip. It hurt like crazy. Not like white lab coat crazy -- like car crash crazy. See, there was hardly enough room for me to sit down in the tub. My leg had to sit in a weird position, so, yeah, it kinda' hurt. (by "kinda'" I mean "SWEET MOTHER OF THE MILITARY!!! MY LEG HURTS LIKE CHARLES DICKENS'S 'A CHRISTMAS CAROL'!"

I'll only ever do that again if there is a bigger tub, and a smaller bathroom.

6 Comments:

  • At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And you wrote this down because everyone who reads your blog really needs to know about your bathroom problems?

     
  • At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    :-P

     
  • At 7:58 PM, Blogger Nat said…

    You and your wacky hijinks.

     
  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    My and my wacky HYGIENES.

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like the fact your blogging more often but do you really want the whole world to know about this? Are you THAT bored?

    Personally I could care less about shower curtains for I have a strange problem with them.

     
  • At 10:01 PM, Blogger Anan said…

    Oh dear... I think I'm giving up your blog for the rest of Advent at least.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home