Living the Middle Life

In soviet Russia, the middle life is living.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Janesville!

So I took a trip into Janesville today. My primary mission was to swing by URock and Blackhawk Tech to find more information on this "electronics apprenticeship program" I'd heard about.

First I stopped by URock. They didn't even do anything with electronics. When I asked the secretary (tomorrow's secretary day btw) about it she gave me a brochure for the engineering program and wanted to know if I would like to talk to the man in charge of it. I managed to bow out of the office gracefully by telling her that looking at the brochure would work for me now.

Well, okay, it wasn't all THAT graceful, but I could have been a lot worse.

When I talked to the secretary at Blackhawk I found out that this program wasn't actually all on the colleges own. How it worked was that the electric company hired you, and then sent you on there for training.

I don't know why a company would hire some dude without training.

She gave me a couple of phone numbers to call for more information. This was a little disappointing. I didn't want telephone numbers. I'd rather talk to the people in person. But this was a start, and I didn't want to be ungrateful for something that was good - if not as good as I wanted.

I didn't call today. I got home around lunchtime, and I didn't want to possibly interrupt their lunch. Then we had our lunch and I listened to Mom read Johnny Tremain to us all. By then it was getting a bit late in the afternoon to call. (that book as amazingly long chapters, really)



I also stopped by the library and picked up an ACT practice test book. I'm curious about how well I'd do.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger Droideka said…

    When do you take the ACT? I think I take it in June or something...

     
  • At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well at least your making some headway on who you want to be and that's great. I still have to put my portfolio together so your all ready ahead of me with careers.

    As for ACT practice books I got a few in case you want them.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home