Living the Middle Life

In soviet Russia, the middle life is living.

Friday, December 28, 2007

Unterlanders Heimweh

So I was trying to find some "CD+G .GI"s around today, and was turning up zilch. So I decided I would try finding a .Kar/MP3+G converter, so that I could turn kars into karaoke disks. That didn't turn up much either.

But I did find this nifty midi database.

after listening to a couple songs, I asked my brother who was walking past, "Do all midi files sound like they're being played on an electric keyboard?" (They do.)

After the brief discussion that followed, I decided I needed to find that old demo song Casio used to put on their keyboards.

I soon found out, from the Homestar Runner Wiki, that the song was called "Unterlanders Heimweh." With this information, I found a jazzed up marching band version of the song. (I found a different song with a similar name on the same database, I thought it was cool enough for a shout out.)

With a little more effort, I found another fellow's blog, telling about his need for the same song. With the information he gave me, I soon found my elusive quarry.

Behold!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger Katsuke said…

    Yey!
    Love song!

     
  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger Rachel said…

    Now I have fond memories of playing that overandoverandover again at Grandma & Grandpa's... we must have driven everyone bonkers.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home