Living the Middle Life

In soviet Russia, the middle life is living.

Monday, August 27, 2007

Piggly Wiggy Radio


I noticed last Friday morning when we played KT Tunstall's "Big Black Horse and the Cherry Tree" and Chris Daughtry's "Home".

We've never played those before.

Later, when we played Shakira's "Hips Don't Lie", I knew it for sure.

Someone had changed the radio.

When I went on my break, one of the girls from up front was in there making a call. I heard her say something about the radio being changed and if anyone had noticed.

When she got off the phone she told me all about it. The Dairy manager had finally got fed up with it all and changed it. Apparently they had an R&B station on first, but were responsible enough to stop playing it in a grocery store.

The cashier said she thought it was still pretty boring music, but at least it wouldn't put the customers to sleep.

Indeed, at least half the time we still got music that was on the old channel.

One of my co-workers assured me that we played Carrie Underwood's "Before He Cheats" three times. Though I only counted twice.

There are a couple dance re-mixes on the downstairs computer, for which we played the original songs at the store. I can't seem to find their names right now. (and I'm to lazy to look)


sniff... I miss Rick Astly. ;-)

1 Comments:

  • At 8:25 PM, Blogger Anan said…

    That "sniff" doesn't seem very sincere... I don't even know who this Rick (or was it Nick?) person is anyway.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home